Friday 15 March 2013

Lent Photo Diary - Part 8

Day 23: John 12: 12-19 Jesus enters Jerusalem to celebration and acclaim
 
'The next day the great crowd that had come to the festival heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem. So they took branches of palm trees and went out to meet him, shouting, ‘Hosanna! Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord—the King of Israel!’

 
John's story now moves into the final events in Jesus' life. He is cheered into Jerusalem but even while this is happening he is warning his disciples of the things that are to come.
 
Day 24: John 12: 20-50 From death comes life
 
'Very truly, I tell you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains just a single grain; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.'
 
 
 
This time of year always reminds me of this truth. Even though the trees have been barren and seemed dead they burst into life again.
 
 
Day 25: John 13:1-34 Love one another
 
'I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.’
 
 
How often do we get this one wrong, eh? This is my college community where I am trying to love. How about yours?


Day 26: John 13:36-8 Jesus predicts that Peter will betray him

‘Will you lay down your life for me? Very truly, I tell you, before the cock crows, you will have denied me three times.'


Poor Peter. He has such good intentions here but deny his friend he does. His is a great lesson to us though. We all mess up, we can all be forgiven - and forgive one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment