Wednesday 6 March 2013

Lent Photo Diary - Part 6

Day 16: John 9:1-12 A muddy episode!

‘The man called Jesus made mud, spread it on my eyes, and said to me, “Go to Siloam and wash.” Then I went and washed and received my sight.’

 
I love how many of the signs in John's account involve ordinary things. Bread, water and now mud. God in the everyday, even in a muddy field.

Day 17: John 9:13-end Now I see

'He answered, ‘I do not know whether he is a sinner. One thing I do know, that though I was blind, now I see.’


What a story. This photo was taken shortly after dawn which is how I image the man in this story feeling. There is just darkness and then suddenly the dawn. I was blind but now I see.
 
Day 18: John 10:1-21 The good shepherd
 
'The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep hear his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.'
 
 
Following anyone is a risk. Following through a narrow gate, even more so. Who knows what is on the other side? Being called on by the voice of one you trust is a different matter however, that is the voice of the good shepherd.
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment